A special thanks to those who tabled and/or performed at our event this past Saturday:
- Heidi Boucher and Jeff Hopkins from Face Out Photography who had the photobooth set up
- Zenia Panao and Olive Panes for their wonderful performance and for the ukelele workshop
- Marla Laguardia from AF3IRM for tabling and for the youth self defense workshop
- Akasha Sepulveda from PSS for tabling and for the youth yoga workshop
- Brian Caro from Cali Clothing Co for printing our Foundation t-shirts
- Jeanette from Centro
- Heali’i's Polynesian Revue for tabling and for their wonderful performance
- Ruth and Marjorie, for their Tahitian dance performance
Thank you again for a successful event. We appreciate all the support we received from family and friends. We look forward to our next Foundation event.
On Saturday May 12th in celebration of Mother’s Day Clara Futura Foundation will introduce you to our new efforts in childcare and to our community. Doors open at 4pm. Adults $10/ Kids $5/ Kids 3 & under are free. Don’t miss out on all the fun-filled activities we have planned this weekend at our launch!
We also have Tahitian and Polynesian dancers, along with other live performances!
The Clara Futura Foundation believes that being a single parent is the hardest job in America. Playing the part of mother AND father, juggling work and home, and being the financial supporter, all in one. We believe that single parents, however competent, should not have to go through it alone regardless of race, age, or socioeconomic status. We believe that giving back to the single parents can help create a brighter future not only for themselves, but also for their children whom they so love dearly. Based on these beliefs and a strong passion to give back to the community. The Clara Futura Foundation’s mission is:
• To provide affordable and quality 24 hr childcare in an academic rich environment and summer school program.
• To provide an open resource center for educational assistance, career planning, and counseling services.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Come see Heali’i's Polynesian Revue perform at our Clara Futura Foundation fundraising event on Saturday May 12th 4pm-8pm at Centro Cultural De La Raza in Balboa Park. It will be a great way to spend time with your mom, family, and friends. Tickets will be sold at the door. Adults $10 / Kids $5 / Kids ages 3 and under are free.